I was boppin’ about the Net one day and came across a quote by Donald Trump, which I’ll now repeat incorrectly:
You’re going to be working hard no matter what you do. Might as well go big.
This caught me off guard for a moment.
Because it was truth at its simplest!
When I look back on all I’ve done in my life (and I’ve had a wildly varied life) I realize I’ve worked for all I was worth, no matter what the reason.
Didn’t matter if it was:
- A job
- Time spent in the gym
- Efforts to please friends and loved ones
- Time spent hiking and camping in year-round weather
- Counseling the distraught
- Consulting with business owners
- Business building
- Designing a party
- Researching a solution to any problem
- Designing my books, products, and systems
- Designing road trips
- Deal arranging
- Resource gathering
- Helping others, for any reason
- Preparing for a public appearance on stage
- Web design
- The learning of software and the integration of same with my online systems
- Even fighting for pay when I was a security guard in a really bad place
All of it took massive energy and and massive is the only way I’ve known to go!
So when I looked back on all I’d done, and compared it to the scale of moves a bigger player makes in any of those areas, I realized I could get more done and achieve greater goals, if I too scaled my vision bigger.
It’s that simple. And that’s what The Donald was referring to.
Guys like me, and people like you reading this, are going to pour our heart and souls into these projects that mean so much to us.
We are not able to even consider giving less than every ounce of our being.
But our being has a limit. A ceiling. Boundaries.
- So we scale up
- Use leverage in any form we can
- Enlist the aid of those higher up the ladder than us
- Remain willing to learn and then act on what the mentor has taught
All with an eye on using that same finite amount of energy to build the infinite possibilities of our visions into realities.
It’s another form of ROI (Return On Investment)
You multiply the results of your efforts without increasing the efforts themselves.
Don’t be intimidated if this is too large of a concept.
Remember, you’re busting your ass already.
Now just do it with exponential force!