Been a minute. Hope no one thought divorce between us was imminent.
Don’t fret. I still love you all.
Had to regroup, face down some real world issues and begin building something cool behind the scenes.
In order to pull it all off, I needed to go dark
I can barely remember all that’s happened since the last newsletter (all of 3 weeks). But here are the high notes:
- Took a (brief) labor side gig that was the most brutal fucking thing I’ve done to my body in almost two years: I am DONE using my body to pay bills. D-O-N-E!
- Found out I qualify for PTSD benefits from the VA (Veteran’s Administration): pursuing my claim with help from VA Claim Pros
- Applied for a bunch of counseling type gigs with the mentally ill and addicted: one agency bit and the hiring process has begun
- Walking my son through his first job hiring process: he’s making us very proud!
- Transcribed my entire Human Design Chart into individual pages in OJ that will include my written and video commentary about what it all means to both me and, more importantly, you.
- My entire septic field finally fully failed. Dug up pump box in 20 degree snow storm at 9PM: this has been a long time coming. I rent. No idea what happens next. (Digging fucked up my back, as shoveling, even for a few minutes is a big no-go for my spine.)
- Dealt with some hairier personal issues within the family that turned everything upside down for a bit, but eventually rectified themselves
- Hammering out how to do long distance and in-person remote podcast interviews: this one thing has hampered my forward motion for the pods
- Mom landed in hospital twice: she was out next day both times and is doing well but…
- Added my two podcasts to two more directories: pain in the ass nit-picking process
- On a lighter note, finished reading William S. Burroughs’ book “Junky“. Loved it!
- Working my way through his book “Naked Lunch“. Flooring me. Madness. Never read anything like this. Ever. I love the taboo-ness of it all.
So, yeah. Epic
Full weeks. Fell behind on my web duties.
But as I’ve stated throughout, I will never quit on this thing. And I can’t wait for you guys to see where I’m taking it all.
Neither can I, really. But it’s coming along.
No matter the size of the pile that hits that fan, don’t you quit either!