Welcome home Outsiders!
Take a break from trying to make “Normal” work for awhile!
Outsiders! You’re A Different Breed. And That’s A Good Thing!
Hell yeah, good! There’s enough people out there “fitting in” already. Let them handle that category.
What we need is more people working the edges. Perimeter Folk. Why? Because they’re the ones that solve the big problems.
Outsiders are the only ones who can. Because they see what the rest cannot.
You’re “Perimeter Folk”
You know you’re different or that some key part of you is different from those around you. Maybe you’ve always known this. Maybe it’s a recent realization.
Maybe you’ve been able to make use of this in the past but for whatever reason, it’s no longer working out. Maybe it’s never worked out.
Regardless of the time frame or scope of the issue, you’re steadily becoming aware of your increased discomfort, unhappiness, or frustration.
You want to make better use of your unique perspectives
Maybe you’ve tried for years, as I did, experiencing mixed results as you went. It can be a struggle:
- You don’t see anything like most people do and you haven’t yet found a way to turn that into a strength.
- Everything interests you but none of it seems to lead to a fulfilling life.
- People want you on their team but their projects never take you where you thought they would.
- You have a creative, artistic or DaVinci type skill set that fits no traditional career path.
- You’ve been incredibly helpful to one or many, but it’s never developed into anything that pays the bills.
- You’re quite happy – proud even – to be you but have no idea how to explain yourself to others.
- You’ve gone down roads you should have never set foot on in the first place, in your search for “home”.
- You’re fighting just to survive in a system you don’t identify with, while trying your best to contribute in your unique way.
- You’re good to great at a lot of things you don’t want to do forever…or ever again.
- People find you very interesting to be around but they wouldn’t want to trade lives with you.
- You’re in some stage of losing your mind from the pressure of trying to conform.
- And maybe you’re addicted to one or more things, in an attempt to deal with it all.
Don’t despair.You’re on the right track.
Stay weird, unusual, eclectic, entertaining and helpful, as only you can. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking it would be easier to just rejoin the herd. Don’t fall back on old diversionary habits that probably stopped working a long time ago anyhow.
Push forward. Keep moving.
But stop trying to shove that square peg into the round hole!
The peg and the hole are both inside your mind.
This is you-vs-you.
It’s that way for everyone!
But you, being a “fringe walker” (or Perimeter Folk), are a little better prepared, believe it or not, to make the changes necessary that will give you what you need to cultivate this outsiderness into something useful. Not only yourself but to all who come in contact with you.
You’re not wrong
Stay you but with a better understanding of “you”.
Then create a better way of interfacing with the world, so the ones who resonate with you can find you and benefit from your presence.
The synergy that will arise from that will not only finally take you to where you’ve always wanted to go, it will take you somewhere you can’t possibly foresee at the moment. Trust me on that. I’m living it with you right now!
Outsiders Unite! Unum Outsiderium! (Yeah. I’ll work on that a bit.)