Outsiders Journey was always intended to be a membership site, from Day One.
Changing its meat from “me-based” to “we-based” has always been the plan.
But making it so has been one of the toughest hills I’ve had to climb yet.
To be sure, I’ve taken stabs at it in the past. And I’ve been able to get the thing pretty much where I needed it to be more than once.
But then my needs evolved
Addressing the changes using the least amount of tools, and doing so with almost no budget has been a challenge.
That’s the nicest way I can say it without using the many F-Bombs I choose to employ when I’m here in my office, all by my lonesome.
But the membership aspect is just one part of what I share in the podcast above.
I got into the “Why” behind Outsiders Journey a bit.
I explain how I’d like to be seen by you guys, based on what I’ve experienced by following those ahead of me.
“to get paid just to be me.”
The way in which I want to achieve that is by exposing you to how I’ve solved, and how I’m currently solving, every major problem in my life.
I am also showcasing how I think about approaching my problems before they even arrive.
Above all else, I am displaying how I survive and attempt to thrive as an Outsider
This goes into every area of my life.
- It’s how I approach making money.
- It’s how I act as a parent.
- It’s how I do marriage.
- It’s how I keep bipolar disorder and all my addictions from reviving.
- It’s how I do my best to give to others, even when I sometimes have very little to give to myself.
- It’s how I do the work I barely can, in order for you to find the work I do best.
- It’s how I’ve prepped my mind and heart to be patient enough to last the Long Haul as I build.
That last bit highlights how I’m able to keep on going, often long after it seems the battle’s been lost.
I never quit
Does this mean I am always right or always pursuing the best paths?
Sometimes I should quit. Or at least re-aim.
But staying aware of the fact that these things should also be considered is something I never knew how to do when I was younger.
It’s only recently, say, the past 5 or 6 years, that I feel I’ve gotten a handle on managing myself in the best way possible.
Again, this does NOT mean I am doing everything right, or well.
I am actually fucking up a few things I wish I wasn’t.
But I deal. I accept responsibility for what I’ve done or built.
Then I keep moving forward.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Maximum Results Fitness w/ Mike Romano: Online Training with Individually Customized Support
- I want to wake up and get paid to be me.
- I want the same for all of you.
- I want this to happen for us both, as a team!
- If you want to feel better, you have to act better.
- I used be frustrated that people wouldn’t remember my name. When I stopped caring, they finally did. Funny.
- Building this final, major technical aspect to the site fucking aged me, but it’s done.
- My coaching services are finally live! (Look in the menu above)
- My free courses are now secured behind a membership wall. I’ve worked too hard to not at least get a hair more attention from my visitors than I was getting by just giving the things away.
- The GDPR thing sucks. Thanks Europe!!!
- Whenever you respond to a comment, take a beat before typing or say nothing at all. Or, say something helpful even if you dislike the comment.
- Bill Harris of Centerpointe just passed away. He helped save my life and I’m forever grateful.
- I wish everyone who mattered to me most was following Jason Leister’s free newsletter, at the very least. (Link below.)
- My prolific mind and fingers often write entire pages of material that I totally forget I ever created! Trippy!
- Seth Godin: The guy who taught me about building tribes – on Amazon
- Malcolm Gladwell: The guy that simply made me look at life a bit differently – with greater scope – on Amazon
- Jason Leister: Incomparable Expert – The only person whose content I consume without fail
- Bill Harris: Creator of Holosync and the man who taught me that attachment is the only reason we suffer…ever!
- OJ POD EPI-2: The one that explains how I used to hate my freelance clients (and how I grew out of that self-created bullshit)
- WP GDPR Compliance: WordPress Plugin that adds mandatory comment and form checkbox that makes my site GDPR Compliant
Offer Membership To Your Tribe (Affordably)
- MemberMouse: 7 Figure Membership Sites Choose MemberMouse
- S2 Member: Powerful Membership Plugin For WordPress Sites
- Simple Membership: A flexible, well-supported, and easy-to-use WordPress membership plugin for offering free and premium content from your WordPress site
- Restrict Content Pro: A full-featured, powerful membership solution for WordPress
- WP-Members: A free plugin to make your WordPress® blog a membership driven site.
- MemberPress: The “All-In-One” Membership Plugin for WordPress
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: Nicholas Green