Being Ken Jensen:
Back In The Day? Bad. Now? Pretty Frigging Awesome!
Welcome to the head of Ken!
I’m almost 50 and I’ve been working on something you might call an oeuvre for the past 20 years.
This site is the table of contents for that oeuvre.
And as grand as it is (if I may be so un-humble for a moment), it’s just the beginning of all I intend to do.
It started as a way to find my path
I’ve been and done many things.
There have been many because I’ve never felt comfortable for very long in any one setting.
I was never able to build a life in the way I wished and the frustration this caused me eventually led to my doom.
Here are just the highlights of what I’ve survived:
- Being informed by my doctor that I had about 6 months to live and that my death would make the papers (“Because you don’t do anything small.”)
- Two comas (One for a few hours. One for two weeks.)
- Two actual deaths (Docs restarted me once. Self restart after they “called it” the 2nd time.)
- Mental illness (About an 8-year journey through bipolar hell)
- Crippling back pain (With careful maintenance, mostly pain-free since 2006-ish)
- Thousands of prescribed pills a year (Only pills I still take are fish oil pills)
- One divorce and one separation (The first reverted to a dear friend, the second decided to remain my beautiful wife!)
- $140,000+ worth of debt (Down to less than $20G as of 2016)
- A handful of firmly rooted addictions (Only lightly worship coffee now)
- Complete economic wipe out (Twice!)
- The loss of my family (I got ’em back!)
- And (just to keep things lively!) a felony rap for alcohol related infractions
I made it past the doom. I survived the doom. And I learned from the doom.
I got clear on what was harming me most about my outlook on life. Then I got to work on changing that outlook.
Hell. I began changing almost everything about myself in order to rebuild my world into one that made more sense; one that better suited what I really wanted out of life.
But I did NOT try to change my essence!
I used the very thing that was tearing me apart to rebuild what I’d lost, as well as build new facets to my life that I’d never had.
Turns out, the Doom was just the result of my misuse of the thing that made me awesome.
Ken Jensen is an Outsider
I am not meant to do what the masses consider normal. Normal hurts me.
Try and make me conform and I will either implode or explode.
This whole site is my explanation of why that is and how it looks. How I misused this and how I harnessed it for the big rebuild.
And why some of you are going to want to know more.