Some of us work best behind the scenes; in support of the superstar who already has an established presence, mission, product or gift to share with the world, yet lacks the skills, time or energy to effectively spread the word or complete the essential tasks to bring the thing to its full potential.
These people need a strong right hand man or woman. Someone they trust when the road gets rocky, the way forward unclear. Someone who’ll tell it to them straight. Someone who can sort out the minutiae and map out the bigger picture, so that they can focus on creating the product.
They Need “The Man (Or Woman) Behind The Throne”
I’ve struggled to build a thing purely my own. For a handful of years, as I built the first version of this site and now this current one, I still had no idea what its clear goal was. What its purpose was, particularly when it came time to describe it to others.
And I’ve struggled to create something new with similarly-minded folks, regardless of how well planned and regardless of how large the potential for success.
You may then ask, “But what about this website and podcast Lord Kensington?”
Ah, Grasshopper, this is where it gets interesting.
This site and my spoken words are simply one half of a conversation. They’re just me introducing myself to you in a digital format. They are the starting point from which I shed light on other unique folks.
These tools and systems are how I give others a way to make noise about their thing.
For people like me, this is almost magical. It relives us of the burden of trying to make the best use of what it is that makes us such spectacular Outsiders.
I/We just have to share ourselves, like I do here, then leave the door open for the rest of you to join us. Then I/We will do all we can to scream the loudest to the world about all it is that makes YOU cool!
What a relief to finally have figured out this one most illusive point.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Some of us work best in support of others
- One-man shows are killing my spontaneity
- Interviews with other Outsiders coming soon!
- Had to stretch my comfort levels to get to this point
- It’s taken me over 2 years to launch this podcast
- I was cocooned from the world for too many years as I built this site and all the tech that drives it. I’d lost touch.
- My ONLY job is to be of service to other Outsiders
- I can’t think of a single type of person who wouldn’t benefit from reading Jason Leister’s free newsletter
- Some of the best resources I can lead you to
- WTF with Marc Maron: One of the very few podcasts I listen to
- Beacon: Create Professional Lead Magnets in Minutes
- That guy I keep talking about – Jason Leister
- Teachable: Create and sell beautiful online courses
- Udemy Online Courses: Learn anything, on your schedule
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: rawpixel.com