Across the last 4 days, I’ve been locked inside a whirlwind of technical chaos.
Most of this has turned out well, so far. Some is still settling out.
All of it created a workload of immense proportions
In the process, I attempted to start something new to help fund the creation of the rest.
That thing is still moving forward but not in the way I’d envisioned a few weeks ago when I kicked it off.
A plan blew up in my face
That’s par for my course.
I get locked into a struggle with some thing or many things, and I figure a way to bust out and move forward again.
My success rate with these bust-outs is never 100%
Not even sure if it’s 50%.
And the ones that fail cause me untold amounts of grief in the forms of fatigue and stress.
But I never hesitate to try busting out again
Regardless of cost. Regardless of sacrifice.
With my eyes always on the prize.
Does any of this need to be as dramatic as I’m making it sound?
Well, for you? Maybe not.
For me? Seems unavoidable.
And I’m aware that this is attributable, at least in part, to a story I tell myself.
A story I’m free to walk away from at any moment.
But some of it is simply the required amount of effort needed to birth my baby
Hard to say which part is which at any given time.
But I do my best to live in both those worlds, while seeking ways to switch out the one and improve the second.
I can do better with what I have.
And in the midst of all this, one of my oldest friends and Marine Brother even mailed me an ancient copy of a classic.
That’s where the picture above came from!
(Thanks Brother Sam! And Semper Fi!)
Regardless, it’s up to me to never quit, no matter how painful the walk becomes.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- I didn’t mean to name my friend but I got caught up in the emotion. Plus, it’s just his first name. His security’ll be fine.
- Had to switch podcast hosts to save money and give a nicer face to it all.
- In the middle of a shit storm – a nice thing happened!
- I LOVE BOOKS!!!
- You don’t have to have a “living library” site like mine is. But if you do, prepare for the constant evolution of all its parts
- Just did a marathon, 2-day, 154 picture addition to posts that had none
- Images give cognizant and emotional context to your written words. No images on a page = a dead page
Many years ago, I grabbed a pic from Google images and used it without permission on my chiropractor’s site. The owners of the image fined me $1000 for copyright infringement, reduced down to $500 after a nice phone call. Don’t use images you have no permission to use!
- Karma: give credit where it’s due. It’ll come back to you
- I am the Big Picture, the Emergency Solve, the Plan Outline. I suck at selling whatever all that is in the first place
- I work best IN RESPONSE to others!
- I had a partner all lined up but they evaporated. No evil thing. They’re Good People. But I was really looking forward to working with them, just as a friend and fellow entrepreneur
- I’ve made it back from being clinically dead multiple times and I’ve survived two comas, one an hour long, the next lasted two weeks. So, I’ve got problems still but it’s all relative
- Free Wellness System: A little bent? get straight with this
- Human Design For Us All: Discover The Person You Were Born To Be
- Castos: Beautifully Simple Podcast Hosting (My new guys. So awesome!)
- Fotolia: Royalty Free, Paid Image Database
- Unsplash: Beautiful, free photos: Gifted by the world’s most generous community of photographers.
- PicMonkey: Image Editing
- SiteGround: Set up hosting with SG, then have them install WordPress on your new site
- StudioPress: Get a Genesis powered them here, to use for your new site
- Elementor: Live Page Builder for WordPress: Use this very easy page builder with or without your new theme. (Start with powerful free version but upgrade to Pro ASAP!)
- Jason Leister – Incomparable Expert: He’s the main reason why the podcasts exist and he even name my website!