(David Attenborough speaking.)
“The grizzled male turtle slowly peaks his scarred head out of his weathered shell.
He knows danger may await, yet his need to do right by others compels him to take this time honored risk.
It’s a risk others like him have braved since the dawn of personal development pioneers, in order to reach great heights of achievement, while helping millions transform their lives for the better.
For the sake of us all, we wish him much success.”
And I feel Sir David really nailed it there
Holy shit. How egotistical was all that?
But it really helps sell a concept hearing it told in his voice.
I’m just trying to make a point.
The world needs all of us to overcome our shit as quickly as possible
Timeframes to successful conclusions will vary.
Just know you need to start trying, looking, seeking.
To not start is to court death.
There is no middle ground in life. Holding still is an illusion, masking the lack of growth (death) that it really is.
And in this case, what’s dying is the embryonic fully formed version of you.
The you that can bring you the life of your dreams.
Listen quietly for your answers.
Pay attention to any responses that seem truly outside your norms.
Then carefully, yet boldly, start down those new paths and see where they take you
This is how you not only end up doing life better, you’ll start feeling better.
As you feel better, you’ll begin to want to share what you’ve learned with others.
This will create new problems, causing you to restart the whole “WTF am I doing?” process all over again but at a higher level!
And your light, the one that helps not only you find your way but also the ones who end up following you, just gets brighter and brighter.
The added light will illuminate worlds that were always right in front of you but up til now remained invisible.
Prepare yourself for all that and be excited about it.
It eventually becomes its own fun. I promise!
- When you start sharing your message, the process might go a little off the rails
- If it does, know that this is normal and part of the learning process
- You might not be wrong, just not ready or not addressing the thing in the proper context
- Always remember: how this goes is entirely your responsibility – both how it looks and how you respond
- I was afraid to fully return to discussing my former bipolar life, due to what that brought me in the past: pain in too many unforeseen versions
- I changed my perspective on what all that meant, as well as how I can once again move forward with the telling
- People need people like us to grow into what we really are; to take responsibility and give even more of ourselves than we already have
- Those same people need us to do this in a way that does not kill or martyr ourselves, so that we may continue to help them from a place of strength
- Don’t offer advice unless it’s asked for
- Often, most people just want to feel as if they’re being heard…not helped, just heard
- Thing to look out for after that is to make sure these people don’t turn into psychic leaches
- This is an odd fucking dance to clarify and live
She’s an advocate, survivor and Outsider Extraordinaire!
She’s also inspired and taught me in more ways than she probably realizes!
- Peace Work Tool Kit: Noelle Pollet of Heart Circle Consulting openly shares her Alternative To Violence Project personal growth system
- Heart Circle Consulting: Contact and Learn More about Noelle Pollet
- Alternatives to Violence Project: An experiential program helping people change their lives, based on the belief of an inborn power for peace in everyone
- OJ Podcast EPI-2: Projects, Freelancing, Partnerships, and Mad Demi-Gods: In Your Search For Pay And Purpose, Some Lunatics Will Fall Into Your Path
- David Attenborough on IMDb: He’s why nature documentaries are like medicine for the soul
- Surviving Life: There are many aspects to surviving a bad era and using what it’s taught you for the greater good
- See Think Films: These guys filmed/interviewed me for hours at my home buncha years back. It was fun! Maybe we see something from that footage one day
- Bluebird – See Think Films: Devastatingly tragic story. If you like soul tearing drama (I do) then buckle up and take a ride with this film