Sometimes, we ask for more than we can handle in one sitting.
Then we add even more to our plate.
Like extra gravy.
Gravy’s tasty…until you’ve had too much.
You asked your mom for more on your mashed pertaters but she poured in excess. And you must clean your plate.
In this example, you’re your own mom; the supreme purveyor of all things gravy-like.
In your attempt to get your mission cooking, you asked for too much. Now the taste of gravy sickens you as you try to eat it all.
Nobody forced you to take this job
Always remember that when the gravy boat comes your way once too often, every now and again.
The increased workload is part of the bargain.
My workload has increased mightily, due to the creation of two more podcasts getting connected to this site.
There’s no easy way for me to say what I’ve got to say inside one podcast. It would get messy, confusing.
I had to split the messages.
So I’m upping my capacity
This, all by itself, is no big deal.
I have a fairly decent podcast production system in place that gets a little easier/faster to use as I go.
But the amount of change this has created in how all the little pieces of The Big Picture will flow has been a teensy bit enormous.
(Life’s better with the odd oxymoron unexpectedly tossed about here and there, I find.)
I’ve reached another Bifurcation Point
This is a term I learned from Bill Harris at Centerpointe.
A bifurcation point is when a system has absorbed all the entropy (chaos) it can safely contain.
Any more energy will cause the system to do one of two things:
- Break down, destroy itself
- or reorganize at a higher level so that the amount of entropy is now easily managed, due to increased tolerance levels
In my case, these two new shows have created chaos (entropy) within the Outsiders Journey’s current system, in the forms of
- needing new art that I can’t easily create or easily afford to have made
- deciding how to handle the now separate and distinctly different three audiences I’ll be speaking to
- creating the best suited services and products for these new audiences
- and equipment failures due to operator error, as I struggle to remember all the ins and outs of the recording studio I have built
But I’ve been here before
My entire life, I’ve been forced to learn about new systems and situations faster than is ever comfortable, or intense in some other way as to make failure a non-option.
It’s like that for me with a lot of this platform building.
But it won’t kill me. And it wont kill you.
Try and remember that handily equalizing thought whenever the tension in your studio gets a bit high.
This won’t kill you. You will get better. It always makes more sense, eventually,
And one day you will wake up to realize you are kicking ass on a level you once thought impossible to reach.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- I’m creating two new podcasts for Outsiders Journey: After Bipolar Podcast and NSA Pod
- Despite not wanting to heavily focus on anything bipolar, I feel I’ve found a way to do it that will be helpful to those who need it, as well as meet my needs in a way I couldn’t pull off the last time this was my main focus
- I’m creating an NSA podcast to share my entrainment experiences and also to help the doctors who’ve made this their calling, in a way that puts me in control
- “Control”: As a freelancer, I found my clients often got in the way of how I could help them best. So, for this one set of folks, I am building things my way, not needing their approval and not stepping on their toes at the same time
- The above item is one of my coolest “out of the box” initiatives ever
- As you’ll hear, equipment failures/operator error are part and parcel of every production, at some point
- Even though I am increasing my workload, the eventual outcome is actually simplifying my life
- Throughout all of this work, I am doing my best to protect my back. You do the same.
- Bugs Bunny: This Time We Didn’t Forget The Gravy (Like so many of our politicians, I remembered the phrase wrong.)
- Bill Harris: Centerpointe Meditation Technology
- Gaiam Balance Ball Chair -Classic Yoga Ball Chair with 52cm Stability Ball, Pump & Exercise Guide for Home or Office
- Adobe Audition CC: Professional Audio Workstation For Mixing, Finishing, And Precision Editing
- Podcast Equipment: A Full Equipment Package From Podcast Answer Man, Cliff Ravenscraft
- Network Spinal Analysis: Bodymind Integration Provided By Specially Trained Chiropractors
- Wise World Seminars: Wisdom Integration for an Evolving World
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: Eaters Collective