So I cheated tonight. Sue me.
I also flew in the face of the SEO gods and risked this page’s ranking high in Google.
I simply needed to be seen as being consistently on time, regardless of my (secretly) unprofessional effort.
And for now, as far as anyone who hasn’t read this far can attest, I was.
It’s a bit of a hollow victory
Because…you have read this far. So now you know my shame. But my back was up against the wall.
Some explanation: I tried for all I was worth to have this episode and post completed before midnight, to keep up with my “guaranteed” once every week delivery of content.
But home stuff (like making applesauce from scratch) and poor planning got in the way.
I won’t even bore you with the details. But I failed to complete this post on time and within the 7th day.
Yet, you’ll notice the date says otherwise.
You may be asking, “What mystical forces allow for these two realities to coexist Ken?”
(Or maybe you couldn’t give a shit. But I hope you’re in the first crew.)
I posted a mostly dummy batch of content, then went back and edited it up right.
This at least allowed the date stream to stay on time when you look at the march of posts through the podcast’s category.
Well, why bother with all the subterfuge in the first place Ken?
Because I want this thing done right – done well – and I want those of you following along who may also be building your platform to have this secret “out” for when fuckery within your planning abounds.
And even if false, their proper deployment can buy the time needed to right whatever wrong you perpetrated that your boss has yet to find out about.
I don’t recommend you use this tactic much. And there’s a slim chance that this sort of tawdry effort may one day rear its ugly head on my site again.
But I swear to do my best to keep it rare with an eye on making it, one day, extinct.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- The mission of Outsiders Journey is to share my story of overcoming in order for you to do the same
- It’s often hard to see the forest for the trees as you build your platform
- It’s trite and cliched, but “fake it til you make it” sometimes works for me
- This whole night’s work is just one more example of things I keep overcoming, in order to have the kind of life I want
- Jason Leister at Incomparable Expert: He pinned down my one main topic of “overcoming”
- The Kolbe “A” Index Strengths Test was the tool that showed I perform best when under a deadline
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: Roberta Sorge