I tarried a hair today. I have excuses. But hearing excuses is not why you hired me.
So I’m hammering away at these keys and jumping back and forth between multiple windows to get this thing posted before midnight tonight.
Nothing like a deadline to intensify one’s focus!*
That pressure aside, let’s look at another force that affects certain of us who try to help save the world from time to time:
The role of Supporter
You can shoot yourself in your own foot, if you’re not careful.
I’ve been struggling with being someone who can’t help but try to support at all times and doing so in a way that actually benefits both me and the ones I’m trying to help.
Given time, I’ll potentially stomp your guts out with the best of intentions
This is where personal development practices, maturity, hard earned wisdom, and proper mentoring all come into play to produce a more metered approach as I attempt to give all in a way that doesn’t smother the recipient.
It’s a fucking chore at times. Maybe you can relate?
*(Finished with 3 minutes to go!)
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Maximum Results Fitness w/ Mike Romano: Online Training with Individually Customized Support
- I couldn’t stop supporting people even if I tried. What do you feel similarly about that you could turn into a platform?
- When I try to build with others, it often falls flat; I do most of the work and others can’t maintain what I’ve built in my absence
- I get nowhere when directly trying to lead people to my work: Facebook ads are how I will passively lead people to my info
- Most of my best info has come from outside the system – from left field
- The people part of business has to be done right or the business, itself, will never prosper
- If you know something that others don’t or have a unique way of sharing something familiar, you need to get it out there for those who will only hear it from you
- Thousands of others know how to do this better than me but millions more don’t! (Paraphrased from the movie “Chicken People”)
- I walk a tough line between sharing my old bipolar info in a way that doesn’t draw me into people’s pain and my new focus on showing people how to live life on their terms
- You have to know yourself as well as possible so that you can build anything at all in the way best suited to someone like you
- If you are building or maintaining an audience, be consistent with your delivery of updated content! It separates you from the herd!
- Human Design Report: Mine shows I work best in response to things
- When I try to build something with others, it often blows up
- AdEspresso: How I intend to leverage Facebook in my favor
- Jason Leister: The first person to clarify that I work best in response to things
- My Kolbe results say I am designed for idea creation and information spreading
- “Chicken People”: The movie I got the quote from
- “You’d Have Made A Great Jew! My book was contraband in an Israeli psychiatric lockdown ward
- Wealth Dynamics Entrepreneur Type Test: Where I first found out I am a Supporter
- “Best In Show”: This movie belongs in your head. You’re welcome!
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: rawpixel.com