Not everyone is blessed to have a cheese-filled morning every day; a sublime experience upon awakening that has allowed me to do much of what you witness here right now.
And I wish I could cheese up every morning.
But life sometimes makes it into merely a wish, a longing that goes unfulfilled when things get a bit more hectic than I’d care for them to be.
“WTF with the cheese reference, Ken?” you may be asking yourself.
Well, I’ve baited you. Now for the switch.
The cheese represents whatever you must do to start your day in peace
For me, this means cheese, dates, crackers, coffee and a good book. The ritual of eating the first while digesting the second is something that brings me a great deal of satisfaction.
It also opens my mind to new worlds, perspectives, and ideas.
And it sets my internal energies in a way that expands and accelerates my ability to continue becoming more than I was before. Becoming more useful to those of you following me.
I recently got caught up in some commitments that kept me from my cheese for months.
And I did NOT like how my life was evolving in the absence of the cheese.
So, if I may confuse the shit out of you by switching metaphors even more: the cheese became the carrot at the end of my project stick; the thing I looked forward to as a reward for doing the thing I was not really enjoying.
And it helped me stay sane as I completed my obligations.
I did what I said I’d do for someone – a situation I went into already detesting how it would shape my day – thereby keeping my word. And I helped some good people through a tough time, leaving them with a good taste in their mouths for my capabilities should we ever cross paths again.
And the cheese I eventually returned to…was good. Like, Zen good.
Outsiders heed: however your day starts sets the tone, quite often, for the rest of the day. It also has a great effect on whether or not you’re getting closer to success, or treading water (dying) as you watch it get further away from you.
What’s your cheese?
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Start your day at peace
- Refuse to let the world into your thoughts until your most important task for the day is complete
- Meditation will help clarify your thoughts and simplify your thinking when the going gets tough
- Morning rituals are powerful anchors for success
- Read bios and autobiographies to stretch your thinking
- There are reasons for why you are where you are that will blow your mind. Stay open to discovering what they are and how you might discover them.
- The more you can learn to be present with people, the richer your experience of life will be
- “Poseur: A Memoir of Downtown New York City in the ’90s” by Marc Spitz
- Hunter S Thompson
- WTF with Marc Maron: One of the very few podcasts I listen to
- Alehouse Cheddar Crackers: Castleton Crackers
- Old Croc: Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Bard Valley Natural Delights Dates
- Centerpointe: Holosync Meditation Technology
- Kobe A Index: Conative Strengths Test
- Human Design For Us All
- Learn more about your brain waves and being present: “The New Science Of Super Awareness”
- “Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience” by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- “It Takes Guts To Be Me: How An Ex-Marine Beat Bipolar Disorder” (My story)
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: Jez Timms