Where have I been? Well, this absence took me to the same place any other does: straight to the bowels of Internet Hell.
OK. It’s not that tragic. But it does have a similar stink to it, once you’re in it.
You’re not dying. But you are fighting tooth and nail to escape, all the same.
I was doing battle with The Technical
Amazingly (or not) I see from reading my last episode’s material, I never really went anywhere new.
I stayed right where I was except that everything got harder.
I was fighting my own back end systems, while doing all I could to help the one man who does the same for me.
My chiropractor had some major meltdowns with his office equipment, plus I started a new push to get his clients to leave Google Reviews for us.
It’s a bitch trying to get people to leave reviews.
It’s also ironic, because I am someone who rarely gives a review for anything either.
So I’m managing that fracas, while trying to demystify the lack of communication between his printer and laptops.
Hours of tedious bullshit spread over two separate days, but I got it in the end.
I also did some major overhauling of his website. Made the colors brighter. Simplified the info so people would understand quicker what it was he offers.
Found 3rd party videos to put into his site to help people understand what he does there.
My absence involved a fair amount of overhaul on Outsiders Journey too!
You’ll now see there are dropdown menu items in the menu bar.
Getting the code right to make this happen has been a 2+-year long dream of mine. I finally unraveled it just last week!
You gotta remember; I’m self taught on all of this. I almost know what I’m doing half the time!
But I got it. I was so happy!
I also chopped up the material on my About page and made it into 3 individual pages. Now it makes more sense to me and is easier to digest for visitors.
And, God willin’, I’ll have made a cleaner sounding piece of intro music for this podcast by the time you hear it.
Some of the older episodes have a nice sounding intro. Then I flubbed something in Audition and wounded said intro.
I never did figure out how to repair it. And since the key is to keep moving as best I can, I just kept reusing that faulty intro. But it sounds terrible.
Hopefully, I’ll have wrangled that problem to the floor and stomped its guts out too. (But whether I get it now or not, I’ll get it. I always get it.)
And in the midst of it all, I finally completed my membership offering!
Well, it’s not 100% complete but the remaining shit ain’t but a thing to solve.
System got finished and worked great but I found a faster way for you to get what you need from me and save myself a bunch of time too. Just click on the Blue Lady or the Green Field in the sidebar. The Journey starts there now.
If you look up at my menu bar, you’ll see the new Members Only area.
That’s where the Big Work now happens.
My two (so far) free systems are now secured inside the member’s area. So become one and you get them.
I’ve had them openly available for a long time.
Decided the least people could do for all the years and effort it took me to develop them was give me their email address.
So investigate. Partake. Communicate. Contemplate.
And let’s get to be friends on a whole other deeper level!
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Maximum Results Fitness w/ Mike Romano: Online Training with Individually Customized Support
- (As always) (AGAIN!) Dream realization is hard, possibly THE hardest thing you’ll ever take on. Don’t ever give up!
- I became a Carny! Just for 3 weekends. But what a trip!
- The technical shit is going to be a major drag for some of you, like it is for me. Learn it anyway.
- It’s OK to launch certain things before they’re perfect. As long as you’re not inconveniencing or confusing your people too much, there’s always time to correct the snag.
- Teachable Online Course Builder: This is (I now remember) what I was furiously trying to make work as my new membership site.
- Lapel Mic on Amazon. Mentioned last episode but now it has company. I got a 2nd one.
- MillSO Headset Splitter 3.5mm Jack Adapter – 4-Pole Male to Dual Female Headphone Microphone Splitter (Mic + Audio) for iPod, Mobile Phone, Laptops, PC and MP3 players on Amazon. (Had to buy this when I discovered the maker of the lapel mics wasn’t producing their version.)
- S2Member: Powerful Membership Plugin For WordPress Sites: (I went to this after Teachable but ran into 2nd brick wall.)
- Human Design Series here inside Outsiders Journey: (This was what showed me I am not meant for detailed work.)
- After Bipolar Podcast: One of my other babies. Have a listen!
- MemberMouse WordPress Membership Plugin: (I went to this after S2Member but ran into manageable 3rd brick wall.)
- The photographer of this post’s featured photo: Irina