Pun intended. He’s also a triathlete!
We met while simultaneously writing our books with the help of the same marketing company.
And meeting Dr. Larry was one of the bonuses becoming an author granted me!
He’s got a vibe that is all heart; all caring.
And he’s got a sense of humor about the pain he’s endured, same as I.
It simply makes speaking with him a frigging positive experience!
So I interviewed him
It was 9 years ago or more when we first crossed paths.
The folks in charge of helping us figured we should connect and help promote one another.
I’d already heard Larry on the group coaching calls. I knew he’d be a pleasant person to interview.
I also knew he had survived as much earth shattering badness as I had.
Not in the exact same ways or for the same extent of time.
But the same kind of shit storm with the same kind of built-in hopelessness
His book came true, same as mine, and I am so glad to have returned this interview to the public spotlight where it belongs.
Guys like Larry and I each found our own ways of slaying our dragons.
And it’s good to see more than one perspective with anything, but especially when you’re struggling to build your own recovery program.
Addicts are in a delicate spot
Myopic tunnel vision can be more harmful at this time than at any other.
So I’m really glad to share a system other than mine, which I can also wholeheartedly endorse.
Enjoy meeting my friend. And good luck, if you’re in this horrible fight that Dr. Larry and I once were.
- Family Network Chiropractic in Kingston, NY: The only providers of NSA Chiropractic in the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Larry started drinking when he was 11
- He was molested by a priest at 11
- He also found chiropractic around 11
- Having a dual diagnosis is even worse because it’s a case of the snake chasing its tail: which problem is THE problem?
- Dr. Larry wants his story seen as a message of hope!
- Find one thing to be grateful for each day
- Consider your worst day: what good can you see buried in that day?
- Our bodies are meant to move. To not move courts illness of all sorts (divorce your ass from your couch as much as possible)
- Find at least 25 minutes of quiet time each day. Just you. No phone. No interruption. No tasks. Just sit quietly.
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College: Dr. Larry’s school
- Alcoholics Anonymous and/or Narcotics Anonymous may be just what some of you need
- Dr. Larry Smith on Facebook
- Dr. Larry Smith, Chiropractor: Office Website
- Get my free “You Do You Guide” for those looking to capitalize on their life experiences
- OJ Pod: EPI-24: Dry As The Desert 13 Years This Month!: My latest celebration of dryness and its related soundness of mind
- Dr. Larry Smith: Embracing the Journey of Recovery: From Tragedy to Triumph